Monday 8 February 2010

Frontline Club event on the Taliban

Tomorrow night (Tuesday) I will be chairing a discussion at the Frontline Club in London on 'Understanding the Taliban'. Amongst the panel will be Alex Strick van Linschoten and Felix Kuehn - the only two Westerners living in Kandahar. They are also responsible for editing My Life with the Taliban, the autobiography of Mullah Abdul Salam Zaeef, the Taliban's former ambassador to Pakistan.
The event is already a sell-out, but I will report on it here. And I thoroughly recommend the book, which I will be reviewing shortly.
Update: The event was a great success. As well as the two previously mentioned speakers, Horia Mosadiq from Amnesty International and journalist Ken Guest also took part in the panel discussion. You can listen to a podcast here.

No comments: